Stepper Gearmotor 5VDC 28BYJ-48-64
Originally designed for control of HVAC vanes and similar low-demand equipment, these stepper-motor gearboxes have lots of hacking potential. This is the higher-torque / lower speed 64:1 version.
This 28BYJ-48 is a 5V unipolar geared stepper motor, manufacted by the boatload for the HVAC control industry, where you’ll find these little units as actuators for airflow control in ducts and vanes.
Being a stepper motor, you’ll need a motor driver circuit.
It features a
- 5mm “Double-D” shaft,
- mounting lugs
- and nice 5-conductor 0.1″ pitch connector.
- 64:1 (63.68395:1) gearing
- Solarbotics Tested
- Torque @5V:
- FULL Step mode: 821gmf*cm (11.4in*oz) @ 200mA draw
- HALF Step mode: 598gmf*cm (8.3in*oz) @ 256mA draw
- 2038 steps per revolution
- 4-phase unipolar stepper wiring through 23cm (9″) long cable to 5-pin connector (0.1″ pitch)
- 5V nominal voltage
- ~35 ohms coil resistance
- Basic dimension:
- 28mm diameter
- 20mm tall (excluding shaft)
- 5mm dia. “double-D” shaft, 9mm long